What to Look for in Clinical Detox
- First, ensure that the detox center offers treatment for the type of addiction you’re dealing with. Some detoxes may focus on alcoholism, for example, while others are more aimed toward opioids.
- It’s also important to look for a detox center that’s appropriately accredited, in particular through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
- Ask about insurance, too. Many detox centers will accept a wide range of insurance providers, but it’s always good to clarify insurance issues up front.
- Also ask about the medical qualifications of the staff. Ideally, you want a detox center where nurses and other clinicians are on-site around the clock.
- It’s best to seek a detox center that customizes its approach, tailoring its treatment options to meet the needs of the individual.
- Last but not least, ask about the process of transitioning into rehab, and about the treatment options available once detox is completed.