Symptoms of Depression
- Feelings of worthlessness or extreme guilt; interpreting every setback in your life as a sign of intense personal failing.
- Withdrawal; no longer finding joy in the activities or relationships that once gave you pleasure.
- Losing energy quickly, even during routine, everyday activities.
- Crying spells or weepiness.
- Changes in eating habits—including eating too much, eating to help manage stress, or losing your appetite.
- Changes in sleep patterns—either sleeping a lot more than usual, or having a hard time sleeping at all.
- A loss in concentration; easily becoming distracted.