For many people, drinking and having fun go hand in hand—and it’s hard to imagine truly enjoying yourself without the assistance of alcohol. This, frankly, is a good sign that you need to seek alcoholism treatment facility. And when you’re in alcohol recovery, one critical task will be discovering some new leisure activities, ones you can enjoy sans drinking.
With summer on the horizon, we thought now was a good time to share a few terrific ways to unwind and have a good time with your family or friends this summer… specifically, 10 opportunities for alcohol-free summer fun!
How to Have Fun This Summer, Without Drinking
- Find a cool weekend morning and go on a nature hike. Explore a park or green area you’ve never been before!
- Simply spend an afternoon relaxing at the pool. Bring snacks, lemonade or bottled water, a good book, and some earbuds for streaming music.
- Learn something new! Sign up for summer classes on cooking, playing guitar, or something else you’ve always wanted to learn.
- Take a wellness day for yourself. Call in from work and invite a friend or two to do likewise; spend the day bowling, playing mini-golf, going to the movies, or whatever else.
- Put a fitness accountability group together and plan regular trips to the gym. Try group exercise classes you’ve never tried before.
- Get a massage.
- Spend a day mountain biking.
- There’s always the old summer standby: Go to the beach!
- Come up with a reading challenge for yourself and ask a friend if they’d like to join you.
- Volunteer at a local non-profit that means something to you.
These are just a few ways you can have a good time this summer, without needing to drink. Learn more about maintaining your recovery by contacting Seacliff today.