Spring is almost here and the temperature is heating up in Huntington Beach. Take advantage of the miles of gorgeous sandy beaches, refreshing waves, and bright sunshine as you move forward in your recovery from addiction. There are plenty of activities to provide entertainment, relaxation, exercise, and good times with friends and family.
- Catch some waves. The California coast is perfect for surfing, so grab your board and get started! Not only is it a great form of physical activity, it increases endorphins which are a natural mood booster. Practicing your craft can give you a greater sense of purpose and goals to work toward.
- Start a beach volleyball game. Have fun while staying active by hitting around a volleyball with friends. The sand provides a soft place to land as well as some resistance as you dart about.
- Go for a bike ride. Strap on your helmet and enjoy the coastline as you ride along the Ocean Strand. Enjoy the beauty of nature to clear your mind as you peddle along 10 miles of paved pathways.
- Play catch with your dog at Dog Beach. Chase a Frisbee, ball, or just the waves at this dog-friendly beach. Make new friends and get some exercise and fresh air while you’re at it.
- Simply relax. Lay down your towel, lather on the sunscreen, and enjoy the soft sand and sound of the waves crashing on the shore as you read a good book, spend time writing, have a picnic, or just relax with friends.
Take advantage of the opportunities to connect with nature and stay active to support your addiction recovery. Huntington Beach offers a host of events throughout the year and the beach can be a great place to relax and unwind.